Technology & Combat Characteristics
QF-3000E Ghosts are capable of flying both inside and outside of an atmosphere. The QF-3000E Ghosts exhibited excellent usability by coordinating with the VF-1 Valkyries, which possessed the same combat abilities in all regimes.
Each QF-3000E Ghost has a length of 21.62 meters, a width of 9.35 meters and a mass of 22 metric tons. Because each QF-3000E Ghost's method of propulsion are Thermonuclear Reaction Engines, this caused problems in their cooling systems during development. In addition, this aircraft's engine problems and outer space maneuvering characteristics helped in the development of the VF-X.
- Manufactured by Mauser, QF-3000E Ghosts have six.
- Missile Launch Bays
- Has 8, stores 12 Bifors Multipurpose Missiles.
Special Equipment & Features
- Artificial Intelligence System
- Each QF-3000E Ghost has an OverTechnology computer system installed in it. Control is carried out by a semi-autonomous model artificial intelligence and remote control from a mothership (or a mother aircraft that has control functions).
Space War I the launch day of the SDF-1 Macross. After the ARMD-02 Space Carrier informed the SDF-1 Macross that it was sustaining minor damage and that the ARMD-01 Space Carrier had been put out of comission, Captain Global, via First Lieutenant Hayase, ordered all fighters to scramble from South Ataria Island. Alongside the squadrons of VF-1 Valkyries, several QF-3000E Ghost Fighter-Bombers also took off that day and they engaged in battle for the very first time. (SDFM: "Boobytrap")
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Macross Chronicle 07/01/2013 Page 7
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Macross Chronicle 07/01/2013 Page 8
- ↑ Macross Perfect Memory Page 164
- ↑ Macross TV Series liner Notes | AnimEigo