The VF-14 Vampire is a Heavy Variable Fighter created by General Galaxy and Messer.
Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEdit
- 35mm Gatling Gun Pod
- Mauler BC-27A Medium-Bore Beam Gun
- The VF-14 Vampire has two beam guns with one located in front of each side engine nacelle in Fighter mode similar to the VF-4 Lightning III, or on the sides of each shoulder in GERWALK and Battroid modes.
- Bifors AAM-01S Built-in Missile Pod
- Located behind the beam guns, these missile pods are integrated to the shoulders themselves.
The VF-14 Vampire participated in the Nova Project to decide the successor to the VF-4 Lightning III, but lost out to the VF-1 based VF-11 Thunderbolt. Despite this the Vampire still found use on frontier planets and immigration fleets due to it's excellent cruising speed and the ease of which it's airframe could be maintained.
Notes & TriviaEdit
- Like the VF-4 Lightning III, the VF-14 Vampire's fighter mode is similar to the SR-71 Blackbird.
- The head of the Macross M3 version is similar to the head of the SV-51.