Personality & Character
Veffidas almost never talks unless she thinks it's really necessary.
She spends most of her free time practicing the drums. In other occasions, she is often playing with her drum sticks, pounding on any surface she comes across. Despite her seemingly aloof demeanor, she cares deeply for her band mates, particularly Mylene Flare Jenius.
Skills & Abilities
Veffidas has an incredibly muscular physique, a result of natural physical strength as a Zentradi complimented by rigorous training. Back in her days as a brawler, she has fought with many strong fighters and never lost at all. She retired from brawling with an undefeated record.
As a drummer, Veffidas' rhythm sense is good. The strength and endurance she developed in the past also comes in handy, making her able to last through long rehearsals and live performances.
Her drumming can also generate a significant amount of Sound Energy, though not as potent as Basara's.
Before joining Fire Bomber, Veffidas was wrestler and street brawler, who dedicated herself to harsh training and wandering to find strong opponents. She has been through countless battles and emerged victorious from all of them.
One fateful day, Veffidas was in a duel with a male Zentradi fighter in Macronized form. Veffidas won as expected and her opponent confessed his love for her before falling unconcious. Veffidas vocally confirmed that she felt the same. She then walks away, noticing the young Basara among the people watching. This was probably their first meeting and served as the turning point in her life.
After that, Ray invited her to join as the band's drummer. From that point on, Veffidas stopped wandering and settled into Akusho, which later became the unofficial sector of the Macross 7 Fleet.
Notes & Trivia
- Veffidas shares the same voice actress as Akiko Houjoh.
- In the Macross 7 Plus Short Street Fighter Veffidas Feaze (大道格闘士 美比夷陀 不火洲 Daidou Kakutoushi Bihiida Fuhisu?), some of Veffidas' exploits before joining Fire Bomber were shown, accompanied by drum solos. A narrator later introduces her as an undefeated warrior, bringing up the mystery of why she gave up fighting to become a musician.
- On a related note, the narrator in question is none other than Urara Takano, Veffidas' (and Akiko's) voice actress.
- Also, her name in the title was written in all Kanji with similar pronunciation, giving it the same atmosphere as juvenile gang jacket writing.
- In Macross 7: Encore's first episode "On Stage", Coffee Break's dramatization depicted Veffidas as a street performer doing circus acts instead of a brawler.