Technology & Combat Characteristics
Like the VF-27, which was made using data from the YF-29 Durandal itself, it uses four thermonuclear reaction engines, the two inside the legs like traditional Variable Fighters and one on each main wing.
"Philosopher Stone" Fold Quartz extracted from Vajra is applied to various devices used by the Durandal giving high performance.
- Alto Saotome's unit
- Has higher performance than the standard YF-29.
- Most closely resembles the YF-19 that was previously piloted by Isamu.
- YF-29B Perceval: Improved version piloted by New UN Spacy Havamal Special Forces Rod Baltemar.
Created in response to the Gallia 4 incident as a countermeasure to the Vajra, it was designed to exceed the YF-24 Evolution that was in development itself at the time.
Notes & Trivia
- The forward-swept wing design of the YF-29 makes it resemble the YF-19 and VF-19 Excalibur, there is even a Isamu version of the DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal.
- A parallel to the rivalry shared between the YF-19 and YF-21 can be drawn between the YF-29 Durandal and VF-27 Lucifer as the VF-27 is derived from the YF-21 and VF-22 Sturmvogel II.